St. Mary’s Holy Week and Easter Schedule during Shelter in Place with online and at home service options. DOWNLOAD THE HOLY WEEK GUIDELINES
- Palm Sunday, April 5 – Listen to Service
- Maundy Thursday, April 9 (Online & at home) 6:00 p.m. online: Maundy Thursday begins The Great Three Days as we remind ourselves to serve one another in love as a sign of our life in Christ. The on-line service includes scripture readings, a reflection by The Rev. David Erickson and the Blessing of Food for your Maundy Thursday evening meal. This online service will last approximately 30 minutes. At home options for the continuation of the service at your evening meal, foot washing and the stripping of the table.
- Good Friday, April 10 (Online & at home) 3:00 p.m. online: The solemnity of the crucifixion and laying in the tomb reminds us that the life of Jesus draws from the entire experience of being human and becomes the sacrament that feeds our soul. The online service of meditation, prayer and reflection commemorating this day will be officiated by The Rev. Marguerite Judson. At home options for Stations of the Cross and Veneration of the Cross.
- The Great Vigil of Easter, April 11 (Online) 5:00 p.m. online: The Great Three Days culminates with the Great Vigil of Easter. Lessons recounting God’s saving actions throughout history, the renewal of Baptism Vows together, the first Acclamation of Easter and a candle lighting to celebrate the hope that the resurrected Christ brings to our hurting world.
- Easter Day, April 12 (Online) 10:30 a.m. online: Easter Message and Reflection by The Rev. David Erickson followed by live stream broadcast of the Easter Day Service at Grace Cathedral, The Rt. Rev. Marc Andrus presiding, or pre-recorded Easter Day Service at The Washington National Cathedral, Washington D.C. , The Most Rev. Michael Curry, Presiding Bishop and Primate of The Episcopal Church, guest preacher.
During the Coronavirus emergency, we will be holding online services only.
Jesus said, “where two or three are gathered in my name, I will be in the midst of them.” and so we will continue to gather to be the body of Christ, to be present with each other, and to be in the presence of God.
Wednesday 12:10 p.m, Noonday Prayer via Facebook Live – Noonday prayer is a beautiful and simple way for us to gather in prayer and worship. I will be leading this out of the Book of Common Prayer, so grab your copy and join me. If you don’t have a BCP at home. Here is a link to noonday prayer online: https://bcponline.org/DailyOffice/noonday.htmlI will also be going “live” on facebook by 12 noon to give everyone a chance to find the video. Here is the link to the st. Mary’s facebook page. Scroll down to find the active livestream and click on when I am livestreaming. https://www.facebook.com/stmarythevirginsf/videos
- Thursdays 11:00 a.m, Parish Gathering via Zoom Conferencing – Join me for scripture reading, a short reflection, and the opportunity to share on the scripture or just share about your life. We will gather via Zoom, and excellent platform for virtual gathering. You may enter the gathering with your computer or with your phone. I will start the gathering at 10:50 to allow people to begin joining. Copy and paste the meeting link in your browser, or dial the access number below and enter the meeting ID.David Erickson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. Topic: St. Mary’s Parish Gathering
Time: Thursdays, 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time (US and Canada) Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/541433953
- Meeting ID: 541 433 953 – Dial by your location – +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)Meeting ID: 541 433 953 Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aej0ClWrfi
Sunday 10:00 a.m. Morning Prayer Via Facebook Live – Before the Book of Common Prayer 1979, Morning Prayer was a primary service in the Episcopal Church on a Sunday Morning. It is also a beautiful way to begin your day during the week by yourself or with others! I will “go live by 9:50 a.m. to allow time for people to join. We will be using the Book of Common Prayer, and also posting it to the church website. https://www.bcponline.org/DailyOffice/mp2.html I am looking forward to being with you, and with the Spirit, in this new and exciting way! Grace and peace, Rev. David Erickson. – Bulletin for April 5, 2020