St. Mary’s Holy Week and Easter Schedule during Shelter in Place with online and at home service options for your Holy Week journey of faith.
Holy Week Guidelines
- Palm Sunday, April 5 – View online Palm Sunday service
- Maundy Thursday, April 9 (online and at home) 6:00 p.m. online: Maundy Thursday begins The Great Three Days as we remind ourselves to serve one another in love as a sign of our life in Christ. The on-line service includes scripture readings, a reflection by The Rev. David Erickson and the Blessing of Food for your Maundy Thursday evening meal. This online service will last approximately 30 minutes. At home options for the continuation of the service at your evening meal, foot washing and the stripping of the table.
- Good Friday, April 10 (online & at home) 3:00 p.m. online: The solemnity of the crucifixion and laying in the tomb reminds us that the life of Jesus draws from the entire experience of being human and becomes the sacrament that feeds our soul. The online service of meditation, prayer and reflection commemorating this day will be officiated by The Rev. Marguerite Judson. At home options for Stations of the Cross and Veneration of the Cross.
- The Great Vigil of Easter, April 11 (online) 5:00 p.m. online: The Great Three Days culminates with the Great Vigil of Easter. Lessons recounting God’s saving actions throughout history, the renewal of Baptism Vows together, the first Acclamation of Easter and a candle lighting to celebrate the hope that the resurrected Christ brings to our hurting world.
- Easter Day, April 12 (online) 10:30 a.m. online: Easter Message and Reflection by The Rev. David Erickson followed by live stream broadcast of the Easter Day Service at Grace Cathedral, The Rt. Rev. Marc Andrus presiding, or pre-recorded Easter Day Service at The Washington National Cathedral, Washington D.C. , The Most Rev. Michael Curry, Presiding Bishop and Primate of The Episcopal Church, guest preacher.